Scheduling is making an outline of the tasks and arrangements in order to achieve your goals. It is very important as it gives you an idea of how and where to go and what precautions to take. As if you are going to an unfamiliar destination you will definitely need a map. Without a map you will be lost and you will not be able to reach your destination or risk of being lost will always be there. Similarly in project preparation scheduling plays the role of a map. So working on a project without schedule may drive you away from your goals. Therefore it is very necessary and plays the role of a key in project preparation.
Now the question is how to prepare a schedule of your project? It is very easy but the most important task to schedule. Project scheduling should involve the starting and ending dates of the project. It includes five simple steps which are initializing, planning and designing, then executing and then monitoring and controlling the activities and finally closing of project keeping in mind the time span. Flow charts, data tables and some explanations are also the part of the project schedule. When you pick any project the first thing which you have to monitor is the scope of the project, if this step is not performed carefully it may happen that your project may not be successful in meeting the business’ demands. So in order to avoid such risks you should be well aware of the business environment and requirements. So many organizations are now using the project portfolio management (PPM) in order to select the right project.
Scheduling tells you about the sequence of activities you have to perform. It tells you when and which activity is to perform and which activity has been completed before. Scheduling is not an exact analysis, it’s just the rough estimation of works to perform and prediction of the risks involved in project preparation. The risks involved in a project may change so the schedule may be revised because of uncertainty involved. Project schedule gives you a guideline and tells you the best use of how, where and when the resources should be used. It helps you how to manage your time and helps you to monitor the project progress and activities. Through schedule you can estimate your project budget. You can reduce some resources and make other arrangements instead to achieve the required budget. Similarly you can monitor time durations of different tasks and accordingly increase the resources where required to complete your project in the best time. You can identify the problems and errors that may occur in the project completion through scheduling and correct them before it gets worse. Schedule helps you estimate the profit, expenditures and the review of the results. Before ending the project schedule you should monitor that all the steps and activities are included in schedule or is there any activity which is unnecessary and should be excluded. Now-a-days different software are used for this purpose. This software helps you to plan, organize and manage the resources and estimations. So we can say that the best and the successful project is the one which is best planned and properly scheduled.
Here is preview of a Free Project Schedule Template created using MS Excel,
Here is its download link,
Download Project Schedule Template
You might also be interested in ...
- Project Plan Template Project plan is a formal document that contains the list of pre-planned activities of a particular project. As we know, project planning is an important and initial step in the process of project management. This initial step directs the project management team what should be done or what should be not to accomplish the project. Project planning phase differs depending on the type and […]
- Project Status Report Template The project status report is written to indicate the exact status of the ongoing project. It is usually suggested to write the project status report in an easy and much simpler way. The efforts can be minimized by writing it in a simpler way but with an enhanced productivity. The purpose of the project status report is actually that it depicts the exact frequency of the work that is […]
- Project Task Assignment Template Project task assignment is a formal document that contains the detailed list of tasks assigned to accomplish the process of a project. These tasks need to be completed within restricted time period. Task assignments are prepared for an individual and team also. By preparing task assignment, team members of a project can identify their tasks and responsibilities with respect to project. […]
- Business Plan Template Business plan is a formal statement delivered by the organization/company to identify its long-term and short-term goals and objectives. Each type of organization set its goals whether it is for-profit or non-profit organization. In business plan, the previous history of organization’s attainments is also described. Mostly organization’s business plans typically focus on financial […]
- Printable Daily Planner Template Daily planner calendar is very helpful layout for all the professionals and non-professionals to make a strategic plan to conduct their daily activities. It is same as that of a calendar but a little different. People can plan their days and weeks in a very professional way. They can carry these calendars with them anywhere to avoid omissions and succeed to perform all their duties. It […]
- Weekly Planner Template Weekly planner is used for time management in performing different activities/tasks. Planning is a key to success in the activities of business and routine life. Time management is very important in this regard when you have to perform a wide list of responsibilities. Generally time planner is used by office assistants and managers as well. In time planner, responsibilities and tasks […]
- Free Meeting Agenda Template Meetings are conducted for the discussion of some problems, issues and certain other purposes. There are many types of meetings that are arranged by business community for some specific purposes. These meeting may be staff meetings and meetings of management to oversee the quality of work of certain organization. The controller of meeting first makes a plan or agenda for conducting […]
- Accounts Receivable Report Template Accounts receivable are very important for each and every organization therefore different companies prepare a special schedule to maintain their accounts receivable. Accounting jobs are really rewarding jobs because fast-paced atmosphere and great demand of accounts receivable managers make it an ideal position for those who have capability to do this job. It can be ideal position and […]
- Net Present Value Calculator Template Although every business related person or an accountant knows what a net present value is but a common person can’t, who doesn’t deal with the finance related problems in his company. If we describe net present value in simple words, it’s the difference between the present cash inflow and outflow. It’s used in capital budgeting to analyze the profitability of a project. By finding the […]
- Project Tracking Template Project administration trackers are essential to determining project schedules, keeping motion merchandise proprietors accountable and finishing a project on time and inside the spending budget. But project administration software program is not a one-size-fits-all answer and selecting a plan, which is dependent extensively on a project manager's requirements, spending budget, group […]