Education has many aphorisms, marvelous word of wisdom and sincere guidance from numerous sources but the best and most effective teachers are the heart of education system and good thinkers and planners. The success of teacher demands commitment, diligence and practice particularly of skills related to planning their lessons. Lesson planning is the description of teachers working in classroom; developing a format for lesson plan is core skill for teachers. A Quality Lesson Plan can ensure a steady stream of teaching juice transferred to students on a systemic way.
Following mistakes are often observed while writing lesson plan.
- Lesson objectives are not specified obviously in plan i.e. it does not provide a straight forward announcement of the achievement goals of lesson that what ability could be observed in students after the completion of lesson.
- Assessment tools and activities do not match the teaching materials and objectives specified in objective statement. It is just an account of how teacher will conclude that teaching goals are accomplished, so it should be purposeful.
- Preconditions or previous knowledge of learner is ignored while planning and both become apart from each other. This lack of connection reduces the learning; students must have the basic knowledge for proceeding to accomplish the lesson goals.
- Lesson plan is less efficient due to lack of suitable instructions regarding the level of proposed learner. Efficiency means producing more with less effort or it can be said that with same effort the more learner percentage should be there and instructional efficiency is the key factor in effective lesson planning.
- The learning activities stated in plan do not compatible with the lesson objectives and do not contribute to the effective learning. Students should not merely engaged in classroom for the sake of keeping them busy but every activity must add to the accomplishment of learning goals.
- To assess the achievement of students you must have to define a firm grading scale that will create an exact figure about accomplishment of learning goals.
- Some students in class may have extreme lack of interest in lesson, so lesson plan should be interesting and all the possible efforts must be made to carry interest of students. A boring and dry lecture will divert students from the topic. Different learning media can be added to the lesson plan to make it interesting and more effective.
- As learners learn in different ways such as by hearing, seeing and doing, so in teaching all these styles must be inculcate in teaching for instance repeat the contents many times, write notes or key points and along with that plan manual activities for students so that all the senses get stimulated and engaged in learning.
- While setting teaching goals make it sure goals are realistic and suitable for apprentices’ level. It also must be kept in mind students can not master the complicated concept in single attempt. So complex concepts must be broken into simpler ones or presented in parts for the learners’ convenience.
- Planning too much or too less is another common mistake, time management is important factor in lesson planning. Do not include too many contents that can not be completed in the allowed duration and not too less which leave the students idle in class.
Here is preview of a quality free Daily Lesson Plan Template created using Microsoft Excel,
Click here to download this Lesson Plan Template
You might also be interested in ...
- Project Plan Template Project plan is a formal document that contains the list of pre-planned activities of a particular project. As we know, project planning is an important and initial step in the process of project management. This initial step directs the project management team what should be done or what should be not to accomplish the project. Project planning phase differs depending on the type and […]
- Business Plan Template Business plan is a formal statement delivered by the organization/company to identify its long-term and short-term goals and objectives. Each type of organization set its goals whether it is for-profit or non-profit organization. In business plan, the previous history of organization’s attainments is also described. Mostly organization’s business plans typically focus on financial […]
- Printable Daily Planner Template Daily planner calendar is very helpful layout for all the professionals and non-professionals to make a strategic plan to conduct their daily activities. It is same as that of a calendar but a little different. People can plan their days and weeks in a very professional way. They can carry these calendars with them anywhere to avoid omissions and succeed to perform all their duties. It […]
- Weekly Planner Template Weekly planner is used for time management in performing different activities/tasks. Planning is a key to success in the activities of business and routine life. Time management is very important in this regard when you have to perform a wide list of responsibilities. Generally time planner is used by office assistants and managers as well. In time planner, responsibilities and tasks […]
- Importance of Attendance Sheets in School Regular school attendance is vital for giving your kid the good start in life. It not only allows them to do their work regularly and do well in exams, but also they are less likely to get involved in antisocial behaviors or crimes.
Every school has an attendance register of its own that is used to record details of students’ attendance and absence at the school. Generally, they do […]
- College Comparison Sheet Template College is a place where you go for professional studies. It’s like the mile stone in the path of your career. It’s very important to choose the best college for you or your child to make their future bright. There are thousands of colleges in every country even in a single city that shows they are very good but sometimes reality is different from the slogans so you better do some […]
- Event Budget Planner Template Event is simply defined as the occurrence happening at a pre-planned time and destination and this may involve human or not. In our general life when we talk about an event it means we are referring to a specific time and a particular occasion like a wedding, birthday, graduation party, sweet sixteen or a house warming party. Events are very important in our life as they provide us to […]
- Job Estimate Template Job estimate is a document that contains information about the services and its costs to the customers. That particular document is typically used by services oriented organizations. In this form, detailed information is entered about some particular services that would be provided by the company. The fundamental purpose of writing this document is to retain the potential customers in […]
- Funeral Program Template It is fact that human is mortal. He or she has to leave this world at any time. If someone passes away, then the concerned members of his or her family go through certain arrangements such as funeral and burial services. As there is a little time, you will do all these arrangements in a stipulated time. In addition to this, you have other tasks to do receiving guests, flowers and […]
- Permission Request Letter There are many situations when you need to use a copyrighted material for your personal purposes i.e. teaching or educational purposes. Before doing so, you need to make sure that the actual author or owner of the copyrighted material allows the use of his or her intellectual property. If yes, find out what the guidelines are for the use of the property and if the owner doesn’t allow […]