Inter Office Memorandum (memo) is basically and purposely an internal official document used commonly by many organisations today. Its prime cause is effective communication within the organisation on an internal matter. This memo is actually as equivalent to a normal business letter but recipients are only company employees. The need to through an inter office memo in an organisation is still as important as it was in earlier times along with emails, for instance some important / serious / legal matters are still routed through memos, etc. Although we find that memos has often a cover email printed to attach memos.
Types of Memos
Types of memos has been categorically divided into four such as, (formats differ from company to company) information memos, problem-solving memos, persuasion memos, and internal memo proposal.
This memo primarily for information delivery or request information. The first para contains the prime cause and the second elaborates its.
Its prime matter is to advise on a particular scenario to bring in betterment. Here the first paragraph will mention the problem while the second will have an analysis of the problem.
This memo persuades the targeted employees to participate in something which is normally not done. Hence, first para will start the positive approaches and the second will carry the ideas behind.
Internal Memo Proposal
This memo is to deliver new ideas and suggestions to the top hierarchy. Here, first para defines the reasons of putting up the memo and second will define the current scenario and also mention writer’s proposal.
Formatting a Memo
Memos are usually pre designed document format adopted generally by companies. If you or your company does not have the memos templates, just read below and have one for yourself.
Let us also look for the contents required for an ideal Inter office
memorandum that consists of : Addressing to, From the desk of, bcc and cc,date,
The main context of the memo is just placed down the subject. These are required to be concise and more complete (not more than one page).
Here is preview of this Interoffice Memo Template,
Planning the contents is something very important as inter office memo is typically an official document. It is important to keep in mind that these memos, which are purposefully designed, should be without mistakes as can be taken from references in the future or future actions related to the issue discussed in this particular memo submitted by you. Try to re check and proof read comprehensively to ensure the document is factually and correct.
It is to be noted that that an ideal inter office memo should be concise and be limited to maximum five points in discussion. Introduction depends on your topics while the conclusion is not required. Additionally, don’t forget to put in proper context and try to create a reference number to the subject line to have it easier located in the future.
Printing a Hard Copy
See if your company requires a hard copy to be circulated, just take a print then and put in initials.
Click here to download this Interoffice Memo Template
You might also be interested in ...
- Free Memo Template Before going to tell you the numerous benefits of an interoffice memo, it is good to define what an interoffice memo is. Interoffice memo or memorandum is a written document that is used as a communication tool in the office in order to share important information, amendments, calls for a meeting, time schedule etc with employees. In the professional world, memos and especially […]
- Credit Memo Template The phrase credit memo may be new for folks however is a very common and important term in business. Credit memo or notes are of two types. A credit memo or note is a document that is written by a company to its customers in case when the company made some mistake. The purpose of writing a credit memo is to notify the customers and therefore it should be simple, clear and concise. In […]
- Memo Format Before discussing and explaining the official memo format, it is good to define memo or a memorandum. A memorandum commonly known as memo is an official communicating tool that is created for a particular topic in order to make the employees understand. A memo has great importance and a key role in the business communication and is commonly used in all business types. When it comes to […]
- Free Newsletter Template Newsletters are printed form of some specific information. Generally newsletters are used by the business community. Most commonly, it is sent by email to a selected group of people. It is a short and easy to read and understand letter containing necessary information about certain events. These newsletters are designed according to the interests and needs of respective people. By […]
- Company Letterhead Template A Company Letterhead is business stationery that is imprinted or embossed with the company name, logo, and address at the top of the official letter. It is as important as the company logo and its business name. It represents the company and is regarded as the legal document of the company. It makes the company more popular and professional looking. It is an important part of […]
- Past due Notice Template Past due notices are used to remind the customers that payment for certain product/services is due on his side on the behalf of organization. In almost each type of organization whether it is product oriented or services oriented, past due notices are used by the entrepreneurs to furnish their accounts receivable from the customers. It is a polite notification that is sent to the […]
- Statement of Service Template Statement of service is just a simple document which confirms that any former employee was employed with the company, and which provides brief details regarding that employment. A statement of services is created in order to deliver information, with results from work done in the past. There are basically three main things which this statement includes and that are what the employee’s […]
- Salary Comparison Sheet Template A salary comparison tool works for both kinds, in case you are searching for a job or already doing a job but just want to make sure that you are getting paid rightly. When you are looking for a job, it’s important to know your actual worth to an employer. You should not rush to accept a post if you are not sure about the salary you will get. Job satisfaction highly depends upon your […]
- Business Plan Template Business plan is a formal statement delivered by the organization/company to identify its long-term and short-term goals and objectives. Each type of organization set its goals whether it is for-profit or non-profit organization. In business plan, the previous history of organization’s attainments is also described. Mostly organization’s business plans typically focus on financial […]
- Income Certificate Design Templates Income certificate pertains to a certificate which includes all the information of the annual income of the individual or families from all sources. An individual can apply for the certificate for any typical reason or any scholarship objective. The income certificate will be legitimate for a period of 12 months after been released. A student who requires applying for the scholarship […]