A Salary Slip is a document given by an employer to his/her employees when their salaries are paid to them. This business document records the information about salaries of an employee like amount to be paid, amount deducted as tax or against some advances, pensions, overtimes, allowances etc. and the final amount being paid to the employee. The Salary Slip Format is generally a formal written sheet of paper prepared by the company and signed by an employee after receiving the salary as a receipt. Although a Salary Slip is mostly a formal document, in some organizations or employment, Informal Salary Slips are also used.
Formal or Informal, both Salary Slips contains same contents and serves same purpose. Both types of Salary Slip Formats contain the information about the company/employer and the employee along with the information related to the salary being paid to the employee. The main difference in both the formats is the way they are designed and calibrated. The tone and look of the Salary Slip Format determines whether it is a formal one or informal one.
Formal Salary Slip Format
This Salary Slip Format is designed horizontally and all the necessary information regarding the company is mentioned in the top left hand corner of the slip. Next, information of the employee like his/her name, address and contact info is provided. The employee’s identification no. is mentioned next. The document also mentions the method in which the salary was paid to the employee (cash, cheque, demand draft etc.). Next, the extra earnings of the employee are listed which includes bonuses, overtime and incentive payments. The deductions are also listed on the slip which shows how much money has been withheld due to state and local taxes and the loans entitled in the name of the employee (if any). At the end, the total net amount to be given to the employee is mentioned at the bottom of the list. In case of payment being made via cheque, there is a space reserved for putting the information of the cheque like cheque no., date of payment etc. This kind of Salary Slip Formats always contain the organization’s logo and brand name at the slip.
Informal Salary Slip Format
This kind of Salary Slip Formats do not need to follow a fixed format. It may or may not contain the organization’s logo as they are mostly used by small trader’s or shop owners. In this slip, only the name of the employee is generally mentioned and the final amount being paid to the employee is declared. The additions or deductions are generally not mentioned or listed in Informal Salary Slip Format. The design of the slip may be light and casual or not anything in particular at all. They may also not be printed on any official company letterheads and sometimes are also hand written on any simple piece of paper.
Here is a good looking Salary Slip Template created using MS Word.
Here is another good looking Salary Slip Format available to be downloaded as PDF File.
The preference for the type of Salary Slip Formats can depend on the type of organization/employer (large, medium, small) or the budget of the employer. Some large companies also prefer Informal Salary Slip Formats whereas there are small employers using Formal Salary Slip Formats, too.
You might also be interested in ...
- Partnership Agreement Template Partnership deed is actually termed when two partners’ takes off a business or start up a new setup for yours already settled business. This deed declared partners of the agreement its owners in every kith and kin of business. They have the authority to make any decision for the company. The deed has the explanations, such as, the percentage of profit sharing, solving different […]
- Statement of Service Template Statement of service is just a simple document which confirms that any former employee was employed with the company, and which provides brief details regarding that employment. A statement of services is created in order to deliver information, with results from work done in the past. There are basically three main things which this statement includes and that are what the employee’s […]
- Credit Memo Template The phrase credit memo may be new for folks however is a very common and important term in business. Credit memo or notes are of two types. A credit memo or note is a document that is written by a company to its customers in case when the company made some mistake. The purpose of writing a credit memo is to notify the customers and therefore it should be simple, clear and concise. In […]
- Free Newsletter Template Newsletters are printed form of some specific information. Generally newsletters are used by the business community. Most commonly, it is sent by email to a selected group of people. It is a short and easy to read and understand letter containing necessary information about certain events. These newsletters are designed according to the interests and needs of respective people. By […]
- Salary Comparison Sheet Template A salary comparison tool works for both kinds, in case you are searching for a job or already doing a job but just want to make sure that you are getting paid rightly. When you are looking for a job, it’s important to know your actual worth to an employer. You should not rush to accept a post if you are not sure about the salary you will get. Job satisfaction highly depends upon your […]
- Efficiency Award Certificate Template If you are the employer and want to bring out the maximum productivity from your employee, you have to look for those individuals who are really efficient in their jobs. By appreciating such workers, you can also motivate other staff to work on the same level. The mode in which the appreciation is bestowed has diversified option but the best way to recognize the efficiency of an […]
- Product Sales Sheet Template What are your sales goals and how you will chase them? Sales goals not established yet? Don’t wait much for and go ahead to develop sales goals and chased them to get paid on time by employer or company. If you have established your sales goals for the year or a particular period of time, you will be able to show your efficiency as well as to get good comments from your employer. […]
- Company Letterhead Template A Company Letterhead is business stationery that is imprinted or embossed with the company name, logo, and address at the top of the official letter. It is as important as the company logo and its business name. It represents the company and is regarded as the legal document of the company. It makes the company more popular and professional looking. It is an important part of […]
- Internship Certificate Template An internship is a scrutinized work experience which has intentional knowledge outcomes and objectives. In other words it can be explain that the internship is a chance of professional working which is given by an employer to be a part of an organization for specific period of time. More than seventy percent of job allocation by organizations is relate to the internee’s educational […]
- Personalized Shipping Label Template Shipping labels can be referred as a piece of paper tagged on the shipment containing some particular information about the order/product that is being sent to the customer/contractor. It is impossible to deliver the order of the customer to its destination without labels. These labels contain very necessary information as name of the product, customer name/address, vendor […]