When we define a brochure, it is understood that it will include photos, pictures and images but along with that, there will also be some text too. On the other hand, a photo brochure only includes images and photos and no text or written content. This type of brochures are only used in specific situations when there is not enough to write on the brochure and more pictures to share such as a product brochure with pictures of products and stuff available at a store or something else like that. You can easily find free brochure templates created in MS Word to start creating your very own brochure without much efforts.
Mistakes to Eliminate in Photo Brochures:
- The front panel of the brochure is not relevant to the stuff or information inside it.
- The contents inside the brochure are not organized in a good manner and it seems difficult for the readers to understand the information in a sequence.
- The different panels of the brochure with separate kind of information are all mixed together and it is hard for the readers to distinguish sections separately.
- There are fewer or no photos and more or only written text on the brochure. A picture speaks thousand words and it is better to have more pictures and less text on the brochure.
- The photos or pictures are not relevant to the brochure and they are either too small or too large for the size of the brochure.
- There is not enough text or written content about the photographs on the brochure and it is hard for the readers to understand the picture without any text reference.
Tips for Designing a Photo Brochure:
- Focus on the front panel of the brochure:
The most important thing about a brochure is the front side or the main panel which is the first thing that attracts the readers and this is also the main feature that convinces them to not only read it but keep it. You can also use this panel for introduction space of your business or company.
- Use smaller pictures:
Even if you only need to put pictures on the brochure design, it doesn’t mean you can have big sized pictures but you need to use smaller pictures and if there is some space left, use other images of the same object. For example, if you are using the brochure for product introduction, instead of using a big picture of the product, use smaller pictures from other angles such as sideways, front and back.
- Separate the photos in different categories:
You know that there are different panels on the brochures and you need to use these panels for different stuff. Use the front page as the introduction for your company where divide the other panels in different categories as per the products or services.
- Use bullet points instead of plain text paragraphs:
Whenever it is required to include text in the photo brochure, instead of using text paragraphs, use bullet points. This way you can fit more information in fewer words and it also looks easy to read and understand.
You might also be interested in ...
- Technical Brochure Template Brochure can be defined as a small book that contains collection of detailed information about product/services, event, opening of some company/organization etc. It can also be considered as a pamphlet of two or more pages having complete information of something new and often used for promotional purposes as well. The basic purpose of brochure is to advertise something among the […]
- Bowling Game Brochure Template Bowling is a string of spare time activities in which a player throw a bowling ball towards a goal. There are two main variations of pin bowling and target bowling which are somewhat different. In the first variations, the target is to tap over pins at the end of the track while the second variations aim at getting the ball as close to the mark as possible. At present hundred million […]
- Restaurant Menu Template Restaurant menu is a listed collection of recipes that a hotel or restaurant provides to its customers. Restaurant menu is considered very important in the success of restaurant. In a hotel and restaurant, menu is a primary source of presentation. A menu also contains the information about price of each item/recipe. All the hotels and restaurants whether it is small scale or large […]
- Free Pamphlet Template Pamphlets are prepared and distributed for the publicity of certain business, product, services, affairs, news, even institutes or organizations. The distribution of pamphlet has become a common practice now days. Almost each organization has prepared its own pamphlets for the advertisement of their business. Pamphlets are also a source of information through which a company develops […]
- Daily Project Status Report Template It’s a natural thing to do while writing a status report for your project that you basically think back over what you’ve done, and list it all down. As we know in an organizational setting everyone is conducting different projects, and it’s really important to inform each other and concerned authorities about the status of your projects and status report serve this purpose. You […]
- Job Estimate Template Job estimate is a document that contains information about the services and its costs to the customers. That particular document is typically used by services oriented organizations. In this form, detailed information is entered about some particular services that would be provided by the company. The fundamental purpose of writing this document is to retain the potential customers in […]
- Car Wash Flyer Template When you plan for hosting an automobile wash as well as make profit, there is nothing even worse than using a table filled up with cooked items or even a car wash spot filled up with volunteers, simply to have any one turn up to your occasion. Which means you have to effectively promote therefore the community understands your occasion. By making flyers, as well as like all the […]
- Car Show Flyer Template If you are going to arrange a car show for the first time as a major organizer of this show, some of described considerations will definitely prove beneficial for you by making your current show successful and preparing you for the next show.
Before getting started to organize a car show, you are initially required to have a business plan. Your requirement of having business plan […]
- Benefit Flyer Template A flyer is a pamphlet, poster, or handbill, used for advertising purposes. It covers wide market because it is distributed or posted in public places. Flyer is a tool to advertise your benefits to the targeted customers. It is an effective marketing strategy due to its wide distribution and low costs. The businesses and individuals use this paper advertisement to recruit employees, […]
- Apartment Flyer Template Apartment flyers are the excellent means of informing people for finding rental solutions for an apartment. Apartment flyers are used by those home and apartment owners who want to advertise for renting a house without the help of rental agencies. Apartment flyers make you able to get a better rental option for your house which is very useful and cost effective as compared to the cost […]